I’m a Kuwaiti writer and performance poet known locally as “Kuwait’s Finest.”
My book Fountain of Youth is a semi-finalist in Vine Leaves 2016 Vignette Collection Award, and will be published in 2017.
My first US collection of poetry will be published by The Operating System in 2017.
My article “Every Child Deserves a Home: Zeina Al-Sultan Unveils the Truths Behind Adoption in Kuwait” won the Voice of Success program by en.v earth magazine in 2012. I was awarded an honorary fellowship in writing from Iowa University’s International Writing Program (nicknamed: the United Nations of Writers) in 2013. In 2015, I became a member of the board of trustees on Kuwait’s Cultural Circle Prize for the Arabic Short Story (Almultaqa), the Arab world’s first international award for short story collections in Arabic.
I also write for young adults and children.
My fiction, nonfiction and poetry have been published in: The Norton Anthology of Hint Fiction, Economic and Political Weekly, Fanack Chronicle of the Middle East & North Africa, Arab Times, Kuwait Times, The Operating System, Sukoon, The Indianola Review, and more. I’ve performed at Busboys and Poets, Washington DC, USA, The Feminist Union, Iowa, USA, The Mosaic Rooms, London, UK, and all over Kuwait.
Join my Readers List:
Get updates, exclusive content, gifts, and more.
16 July 2016.Poetry Contest. Read more.
- “There’s only One Andrea Gibson,” The Operating System.
- “Twelve Years of Family Secrets,” The Norton Anthology of Hint Fiction.
- “Before the Morning After” The Indianola Review.
FEATURED MEDIA MENTIONS
- “Nada Faris — The Anglowaiti.” Fanack Chronicle of the Middle East & North Africa.
- “The New Voices of Kuwait Eager for Change.” The National.
- “New Arabic Short Story Prize Meets with Cautious Welcome.” The Guardian.