WELCOME TO MY WEBSITE
I’m a Kuwaiti writer and performance poet known as “Kuwait’s Finest,” an Honorary Fellow in Writing at Iowa University’s International Writing Program (IWP), USA, and became in 2015 a member of the board of trustees for Kuwait’s Cultural Circle Prize for the Arabic Short Story (Almultaqa), the Arab world’s first international award for short story collections in Arabic. My fiction, nonfiction and poetry have been published in The Norton Anthology of Hint Fiction, Economic and Political Weekly, Fanack Chronicle of the Middle East & North Africa, The Operating System, Sukoon, The Indianola Review, and more. I also write for young adults and children.
- November 1, 2016. Hosting The Divan’s Book Club: Man’s Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl. More details later.
July 16, 2016.Poetry Contest. Read more.
- “Arab Poetry of the Hereafter,” New Left Project.
- “Before the Morning After” The Indianola Review.
- “Mother and the Lover’s Rock,” “He Traveled on a Train,” “Growing Up Solid in Kuwait,” & “Janus/Portunus,” Sukoon.
- “Feed the Hungry” & “Fortified Axioms,” Sukoon.
- “A Melancholic Superhero,” Silk Routes.
- “Twelve Years of Family Secrets,” The Norton Anthology of Hint Fiction.
- “Deliverance,” Six Sentences.
- “There’s only One Andrea Gibson,” The Operating System.
- “Qatar’s Massive Strides in Women’s Sports,” Fanack Chronicle of the Middle East & North Africa.
- “The UAE Between Geo-Political Dangers and Happiness,” Fanack Chronicle of the Middle East & North Africa.
- “From Fencing Champion to Gender-Equality Activist: Kuwait’s Balsam Al-Ayoub,” Fanack Chronicle of the Middle East & North Africa.
- “Every Child Deserves A Home: Zeina Al-Sultan Unveils The Truths Behind Adoption in Kuwait,” en.v.
- “Speaking Truth to Abuse: The Social Work Society of Kuwait,” en.v.
- “Rebuilding the Kuwaiti Dream One Mess At A Time: Subbiya’s ‘Silk City,'” en.v.
- “Make the Right Choice: Elham Al-Hamdan and Fawzia Sultan Rehabilitation Institute,” en.v.
- “A Hope Specialist: Rana Al-Omani,” en.v.
- “Jumana Al-Awadhi: The Female Leader of Kuwait’s Organic Revolution,” en.v.
FEATURED POETRY PERFORMANCE(S)